*** NEW HOURS ***
Monday-Friday 10am-7pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm
We are open regular hours Memorial Day & Memorial Day weekend!
Please note we will be closed all day on Saturday, July 4th to celebrate Independence Day.
Get to know us! Bios of staff and teachers.
CustomFit. Discover Amy Herzog's sweater system!
Twisted in the news. Articles and snippets.
Aww shucks. Praise from our customers.
Discounts & Policies. Fine print and fabulous deals.
Green Twisted. Doing our bit for a clean earth.
Resources. Helpful knitting resources.
Portland. A knitourist's guide to our city.
Errata. Errata for our pattern line.
Clubs. See patterns and info from past clubs.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Friendly vibe. Excellent customer service is the first priority of all Twisted employees. No snobby looks or haughty attitudes here. Whether you are dipping a toe into your first scarf or doing a belly flop into your ump-teenth Aran sweater we want to help you and, more importantly, get to know you.
- Fantastic yarns. We stock small-shop dyers including Blue Moon, Hazel Knits, The Plucky Knitter (when we can get it), Knitted Wit, and more. As well as larger companies like Quince & Co., Malabrigo, Madelinetosh, Imperial Stock Ranch, Berroco, Lang, Brown Sheep Company, and more.
- Local products. Including Blue Moon, Knitted Wit, Imperial Stock Ranch, Blue Moon, Three Fates, Blissful Knits, and more!
- Room to hang out. Twisted offers a comfortable, homey environment to meet and relax with friends. With sofas, chairs, and natural light Twisted has the feel of your best friend’s living room.
- Tea bar. Several other yarn stores have coffee bars, which are already in super abundance in the highly caffeinated Northwest. Try some tea instead! It’s better for you, more varied, less expensive, and just plain fun! We serve a variety of artisan teas, including local company Tao of Tea.
- Outdoor (but shaded) seating in the summer.
- Fun events, like trunk shows, special guest teachers, and designer receptions.
- Free wi-fi!