Open daily 9am – 8pm
Except: on Thursday, February 20 we will be closing at 5pm for a staff training event.
Get to know us! Bios of staff and teachers.
Twisted in the news. Articles and snippets.
Aww shucks. Praise from our customers.
Discounts. Check out a list of discounts we offer.
Green Twisted. Doing our bit for a clean earth.
Resources. Helpful knitting resources.
Portland. A knitourist’s guide to our city.
Errata. Errata for our pattern line.
Clubs. See patterns and info from past clubs.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Friendly vibe. Excellent customer service is the first priority of all Twisted employees. No snobby looks or haughty attitudes here. Whether you are dipping a toe into your first scarf or doing a belly flop into your ump-teenth Aran sweater we want to help you and, more importantly, get to know you.
- Sock yarns. Come see the Great Wall of Sock Yarn for yourself. We are the Portland headquarters for dedicated sock knitters. We stock small-shop dyers including Blue Moon, Hazel Knits, Plucky Knitter, Claudia Handpaints, Knitted Wit, and more.
- Multiple crafts. While specializing in yarn, needles, and notions, Twisted stocks a variety of other crafting items. You’ve probably heard of the Yarn Harlot (and if you haven’t, get over to her blog, ’cause that woman is hilarious!). Well, here at Twisted we joke about being craft whores – since we’ve never met a craft we didn’t want to bring home with us! After all, if you’re in love with knitting, it’s just too tempting to learn embroidery or crewel or beading or spinning or…
- Local products. Including Blue Moon Fiber Arts (available in-store only), Knitted Wit, Imperial Stock Ranch, Lantern Moon, Three Fates, Blissful Knits, and more!
- Room to hang out. Twisted offers a comfortable, homey environment to meet and relax with friends. With sofas, chairs, natural light and lots of space to spread out, Twisted has the feel of your best friend’s living room.
- Tea bar. Several other yarn stores have coffee bars, which are already in super abundance in the highly caffeinated Northwest. Try some tea instead! It’s better for you, more varied, less expensive and just plain fun! We serve a variety of artisan teas, including local company Tao of Tea.
- Outdoor (but shaded) seating in the summer.
- Fun events, like open crafting on Tuesday nights.
- Free wi-fi!
Thanks to Commuknitcation for the yarn bomb on 6/25/2011!