This is a quick note to let everyone know that we experienced what I think they call in the biz a “critical failure” (monster crash) of our computers on Tuesday night. Ironically, this was during a backup… In any event, all sales data from Tuesday (7/26) was lost.
- If you made a purchase on Tuesday either over the web or in the shop it will not be recorded in our Frequent Shopper Program under your name. We truly regret this and want to give everyone the opportunity to get the FSP credit they’re entitled to. If you bring in a receipt from Tuesday we’ll remedy the situation and get you your FSP credit.
- If you placed a special order on Tuesday we have lost our record of that. Again, we are very sorry for the trouble and if you give us a call we’ll get your order back on track asap.
- To the best of our knowledge NO web orders were lost in these shenanigans. However, if you placed a web order and didn’t receive appropriate order confirmation, please contact us.
What are we doing to prevent this?
- We are going to upgrade our hardware and software in the coming months.
- Support gave us suggestions to optimize our current system to make the database more robust
- We are going to make sacrificial offerings of old memory chips to the Mac Gods.
Thanks for your patience and please contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com or 503-922-1150.